Friday, February 4, 2011

My Friday Favorites!

It's Friday again?! Where did the week go?! I hear a rumor there is snow on the way tomorrow but it also may be rain...I may or may not be avoiding watching the weather these days! We got an email from the superintendent of our town schools about a few things that have happened around here over the past week, and he mentioned a storm coming in for Thursday that they are watching...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I can't take it anymore!

We got another cord of wood delivered today so we will be out there tomorrow stacking it. (And when I say me, I really mean my husband! HA! I would just be in his way!) My oldest has also requested we go out to breakfast tomorrow to a local diner. Who can say no when she came home with such a wonderful report card today! She did great across the board and is reading above grade level and preforming well in math! I couldn't be prouder so we will be celebrating with giant chocolate chip pancakes in the morning!

And of course Super Bowl Sunday! Our beloved Pats are sadly not in the game. (don't get me started on their game against the Jets...Grrrrr...) But I have big plans to eat my way through the day anyway! Isn't that what the super bowl is all about? Food and commercials! I'll post the recipes on what we are planning on eating this weekend!

Now for a few things I loved this week...

You've seen this right?! 


Nutella Crescent Rolls! HEAVENLY as my big girl described her first bite! 1 pkg. crescent rolls, unrolled and separated, spoonful of nutella, roll up and bake as directed, sprinkle with powdered sugar and ENJOY! I have a friend who also made them this week and she spread the nutella on the crescent and then rolled it. I am going to try that this week and see which way we like better. They were definitely a perfect snow day treat!

American Idol! Are you watching this season? I was a little skeptical about J-Lo and Steven Tyler, but...I LOVE THEM! Okay, maybe not love, but I like them a lot. They have brought a much needed new energy to the show and as creepy as Steven Tyler can sometimes get with his comments and looks at the girls, he's pretty hilarious. I love when he randomly belts into song! I am looking forward to seeing the other changes they have in store for the season.

OH! And our little Valentine project dried better then I was expecting it to so I definitely recommend you try it our with your kiddos if the urge to stick your fingers in glue strikes you! The are very cute hanging up in our picture window!

And finally, a Friday favorite shout out to my friend Jake! He was my hero today showing up to salt and sand our ridiculously treacherous driveway! When I finally was able to free my car the other day I went to 4 local stores and they were all sold out of ice melt and sand and Jake was nice enough to come by and help us out! YOU ROCK JAKE!

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! Enjoy the things that make you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment