Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's all about aromatics...and laundry!

And cozy pants...and Peapod deliveries...and more snow...and healthy kids...and eggs...

Oh! Sorry...I got carried away!

Well, much like the rest of the mid-west and north east...it's snowing again. And today, I like the snow, and would prefer twenty more inches to the icy mess we have headed our way. My little is finally back to 100% and I couldn't be happier! Being stuck in the house for 6 days with a feverish kiddo was getting to me. So she is better and we are headed out shortly to pick up my big girl at school. Due to the snow...EARLY DISMISSAL! Which means no make up day! I have big plans for crafts and wii this afternoon!

So, back to today's title...It's all about aromatics at our house today! I have a nice big pot of italian wedding soup simmering on the stove and bread going in the bread machine shortly! There are not many better smells in this world then onions, garlic, carrots, and celery sauteing!  I got the recipe from my friend over at  http://www.prepaheadanddinein.com  She is the mom of three awesome little girls and gives great tips of how to get a good meal on the table when you have kiddos who may not want to cooperate the 'witching hour' as I call it! I am also making her Cream of Tomato soup this week!

And...laundry...Good lord! It's never ending! I don't mind washing and drying...it's the folding and putting away that gets to me! HA! You can usually find 3 laundry baskets of clean clothes sitting around my house, wishing and hoping I would fold them! (Not to mention the laundry baskets of dirty clothes in each of the bedrooms and one communal one that usually sits at the entrance to our kitchen) NEVER ENDING VICIOUS CYCLE!

And cozy pants...Since I haven't left my house in 6 days, my yoga pants and fleece pants and warm up pants have seen a lot of wear!It's one of the perks of winter weather! Hey - always look on the bright side of life!
I'm sure my husband is loving my wardrobe choices these days! HA! But hey, you spend 6 days with a feverish kid wanting nothing more then to lay on top of you...jeans or khakis just aren't gonna cut it!

Do you have PeaPod or another grocery service where you live? Do you use it? If not, WHY NOT?!?!? I really have only used it a couple of times, mostly when my little was a baby, but I set up my delivery for today because we needed food and I just wasn't sure how the babe was going to be feeling so...I chose the 7:30-11am delivert time cause we were going to be home and it saved me a buck! WAHOOOOO! So, promptly at 7:30 my cutie pie delivery boy brought mt groceries right in! I felt so darn accomplished when my groceries were put away by 8am! (That means I don't have to do anything for the rest of the day right?!) I think I will def. be ordering my groceries more often!

And finally...eggs! We have chickens! Twelve lovely little ladies who we all adore! I am sure one day I will do a whole big post with pictures all about them! They are awesome, sweet, little egg making machines! HA! We are getting 11 eggs a day these days so 1 lady is holding out on us! People have said they slow down production in the winter but our chicks just started laying when the weather was getting colder so I am not sure if that has something to do with it or what. We have a couple of regular egg customers now (my mom and a friend) and then I give some to friends or family. In the spring we'll build a little egg and veggie stand to have out front!  Lord knows we can't eat that many eggs! You'll be happy to know I have perfected the art of scrambled eggs(I like mine with parm. or a really good sharp cheddar) and the egg sandwich!Needless to say, our ladies are not loving this snow...Half of their run is covered in snow.

Alright, time to bundle up to go get the girlie!I hope you are warm, cozy, and safe wherever you are on this first day of February!

No comments:

Post a Comment